So it's Liver & Bacon Hotpot for tea tonight.
1/4lb Lambs liver, sliced
4 rashers of bacon, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
80g button mushrooms, halved
50g sweet potato, sliced
150ml Lamb stock
2 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp Sage
- Boil the potatoes, for 5 minutes or just until they begin to soften.
- Fry the the liver in half a tablespoon of butter, 1 minute on each side then place in a casserole dish.
- Fry the bacon, onions and mushrooms until the onion and bacon are browned
- Add the lamb stock, mustard, sage and 1tbsp of butter, then leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine everything in the casserole dish, top with potatoes, melt the remaining butter and brush over the potatoes
- Place in oven on 190C for 20 minutes
I'm having it with Kale and Garlic fried in coconut oil.